“Who does not have time to exercise, it has enought time to be sick.”
(Kdo nemá čas na to, aby cvičil, má dost času na to, být nemocen).
I was thinking a lot recently walking on the street with Eide and looking on the gids, how much is today society becoming lazy, comfortable and obese. We are actually eating like hell and because I will also speak about myself as example I did the same some time ago.
And you know what is the result. Yeah we are becoming obese then sick then we have to cure ourself or we make our body dissabled to heal and we became forever creaps.
This is not fun story this is pure fact. Look at these statistics which has been shown in UN:
- Currently 1 billion people on the earth are overwight
- and the projections goes far behind this. With current trend it seems that in 2015more than 2.4 billion people will be overwight and 700 million obese.
These numbers are alarming for me and especially if high percentage of this number will be based on current amount of kids which are becoming obese now and later seriously overweighted.
I just want to talk to the heart of every parent, I just want to safe your kids lives, your future happy moments and also your nerves and your money. You wonder why nerves and money? So simple. Count with me. Insted of spending 2-3 hours with your kids outside playing (which makes him definately happy and he will gain some experience and possitive habbit) you have to spend:
- electricity for running TV, PC or just common house light, heating or cooling system
- food – usually staying at home we tend to eat more, we have gravies and we are constantly searching for something – I learn from Edie that he gets very busy by doing outdoor activities that he forgets the hunger. And when he gets hungry he eats with full appetite everythis what I have prepared for him. No complains, no refusasing 🙂
- staying at home creates lazy habit in our minds and bodies, we do not learn how to “move out of our shelfs”, how to explore and move our bodies
- And the final result………….layziness, obesity, doctors, payments for treatments and whole life dissability and limitation.
So the final advice is simple: MOVE, PREVENT yourself and your kids from lazyness, ENJOY OUTDOOR activities and THINK what you can do for your health and your kids.
Parenthood is whole life mission which needs to be improved constantly and restlesly. So being healthy does not have to be boring. Contrary, let your kids help you to prepare something nice. In our case at home Edie is helping me like the kid on the picture. And Edie is just 17 month old. And I gave him his own vegie pealer, his plastic knife to cut with me, he has his fork, spoon, wooden spoon for mixing things in the pot and so on. There is no need to be worry and awoiding your kids to help you. We give them the experience of different textures, tastes, smells in real life.
Isn´t this picture cute?
PS: this web page can be interestiog for you as source of ideas “what activities to do” with yout kids: Going from Fat to Fit
Share with your friends