Cough, sneezing, running nose
These and many other effects has the flue. Virus illness which is bothering most of the European population in this time. Because weather is changing, we are moving from warm homes to the coldness outside. And all together with lack of sun, fresh food from planted from our ground and other sick people around makes the effect of being sick.
Virus of cold can look differently, there are hundreds types of them among us 🙂
I am happy that I finally cured myself after being 4 full weeks sick, but since I rather focus my mind to another things, I was just more suffering because of Eide being sick. But I would love to share with you simple steps how to help your darlings to cope with cough and running nose while they are little. He is 22 month old.
What to do if your baby is coughing with dry cough:
- we should keep them in warm environment, not to be changing too much hot and cold, like we are facing now in winter
- avoid things which are provoking cough, like thirst, dusty environment and strong smells and powder food, sometimes this can start long cough process.
What is though more bothering is then part II, mucous cough, what to do in this case
- avoid milk products, when it is the worst – milk creates the muco/sputum
- keep your baby warm, put more clothes, certainly avoid draft, it creates more of coughing feeling
- while bathing your baby try to keep him in the water and if possible, be “knocking” on his back for few minutes – this advise gave me my pediatrician, cause he had lot of sputum in his chest and this is a way how to “cut them” and enable him to cough parts of it out
- use hot tea, rather than medicines – in my experience works natural way more than other medicines, or use natural sirups, herb base on bass-wood (lipa), plantain (jitrocel) and in CR we have special mineral water Vincentka, which works nicely too also for running nose we have it as drops or spray.
- For sweetening tea you can use honey rather then sugar, but be careful. Honey works like sirups for provoking you to cough muco out, so if you or your child will be coughing too much, just stop to use it. Otherwise for our case it worked fine. It is sweet, kids likes the taste and tend to drink more liquid soooooo important in the process of curing.
- Another good advise is to put termophore (hot-water bottle0 )into the bed of baby while going to the bed. It will keep him warm and also serve as moco melter. In czech Republic they sell nice once, looks like toy and you can hide the hot bottle insight. So your child will hug it with love and it will have even healing effects. 🙂
- Do not give medicines after 5pm. because it will provoke your baby cough even in the time of sleeping and night resting. That is what we do not want.
- If you can let your baby to blow nose often if he can, luckily Edie learned to blow or use moco extractor. Do not let your baby to keep too much moco in his head and do not let him swallow. It will higher concentration in his body and cause inflammation of middle year or cavities and that is really painful.
And that’s it my dears, I hope that you like my advices and they will be useful also for you. I can just say that we are now happy and healthy but the pandemia of flue should still come to my home country, so lets see.
Share with your friends