I decided to write one of the many posts on breastfeeding, because I found how much underestimated is nursing still from practical point of view. I think that I do not have to mention here that nursing has one of the most important reasons and it is healthy diet with all the needed nutritious features which your baby should obtain.
Just shortly you can learn more about breast milk:
- Nutrition and Diet Therapy – Mother’s Milk – Breast Milk
- Scientist breakthrough – Breast milk contains stem cells!!
But what I found really beneficial for practical life is this:
- when nursing you do not have to care about the preparation of formula, if your baby is hungry you just give him your breast whenever and wherever. No preparation, no warming up process, no checking whether you have prepared enough for some trip, nothing.
- it is much more economical. Some babies eat more some less and in nowadays the formula costs quite a lot.
- nursing creates closer tights between mom and baby, it boosts their relationship forever
- nursing helps to shape your body back to the previous state, because by nursing your baby it creates stimulus and your uterus is working and shrinking faster than it would do without this stimulation
- since nursing especially for mom with smaller boobies, like I had :), I got some extra Cm’s to my perimeter and extra beauty points 🙂
- milk brings the most important nutrition to your baby, boosts his stamina and create important base for his whole life
- nursing makes your hands free to do some other things :), by using nursing pillow you let your baby drink and like right now I can keep writing this post 🙂 and have dinner in the same time.
- nursing gives you control over entertained baby………for example you can cut his nail, clean his eyes, ears.Hugs him, kiss him just to enjoy 🙂 and he will not move so you will not cut more than you wanted 🙂
- when breastfeeding you have time to rest, I used to lye in the bed, pull my son closer to me and keep feeling and enjoying our common time
- nursing has also calming effect, if your baby has any pain or just can not fall asleep than by chewing your nipple and little of mothers milk will make him sleep like angel and than you have time for yourself and your partner 🙂
So I am strongly encouraging every mom to keep breastfeeding at least 6 month till the baby starts to eat also some small finger food (weaning food).