Time of sweet touch, sweet moments are over 🙂
You know how controversial is breastfeeding?
In the beginning you might probably hate that, and do you know why?
- It hurts
- you have injuries of your nipples
- you spend most of the time by feeding your baby, you do not have time for yourself
- you are smelling like milk, if you have a lot like most of my friends then you are washed in your own milk and you can feel it everywhere, if you hear your baby crying your breast start to spill milk even you do not want 🙂
- your body can hurt also, because not all the feeding positions are comfortable.
But on the other hand:
- you will never be that close to your baby like in those moments
- you will never feel that soft touch and warm breath of your baby that close
- in this moment of feeding you are so close, nobody is disturbing you and you can enjoy and feel each other
- all the pains are forgotten in that sacred moment………..baby is healing you and the spilled milk is curing you too.
- as long you are used to breastfeed as long you are getting used to and than you do not want to stopped.
- you know that if your baby is sick or has some pains or is just fussy, your breast will always help..it is calming
- the mother milk is the best ” milk shake” in the world……….the best balance of vitamins, antibodies and minerals. Also it carries all the important information and builds a stronger social connection among mother and child.
So if you are breastfeeding like me until your child reaches 15 month and 28 days ( I stopped breastfeeding Edie on 20. 6. 2010… coincidently Father’s day), had 8 teeths and endless number of night and hours spend with each other you feel THAT YOU LOST SOMETHING and that SOMETHING will never come back.
But what have changed since the time I am not breastfeeding him.
- He is sleeping better
- He is not chasing in my cleavage his “baby bottles”
- Eide is more calmer, although I can not use my milk anymore as pain killer, but he seems to be fine
- He got nearly immediately mouth rush but now it is fine again.
- He started to kiss me and Carlos and other people much more, he is not that desperately tight to me and when I am leaving home he is not crying that much anymore.
- And the last my breast was looking fuller………hmmmm start again my “plain time” heheh I can do a sport again without any side “jumping effect” 🙂
But I have to confess to you my friends. That I will miss this moments and it took me a long time to decide when should be the LAST DAY. Really I was finishing some time already, but it was such a hard decision.
I will wait until Edie’s sibling will come and if nature allows me again I will breastfeed again and enjoy this sacred moments once more.
I LOVE IT and believe me I want to experienced it again. I would strongly recommend every mother to breastfeed her child. You will never feel more women than in that moment. This is the moment when WOMEN is wining over MEN. And I know how many of them is envying us that we have this special and unique privilege over them!
When something old is ending something new is rising!
Share with your friends