I believe that you are preparing yourself for arrival of your baby that little sunchine which will make your life brighter and happier. As I am new mom for about 3 month now I would like to share with you few tips before you will consider to buy trolley for your little one.
There are thousands of trolleys in the offer and I do rememebr when I was still pregnant and tried to investigate which one is good, how it should look like which features it should have etc…………..I think you know that and feel the same mess in your head as I had when I was in your shoes 🙂
But what is important to consider is this:
- would you like to buy trolley or you will teach your baby to be carried? This you should solve ahead enough because if you will not have started with scarf or carriers early enough (after the baby is born) I can guarantee you that your baby will most probably not like it………it is different feeling for them in the trolley and being carried
- how much MONEY would you like to invest – another important point, I personaly do not believe that expensive trolley means high quality and I also proofed that already with my friends. So do not search trolleys according their price only
- do you believe in BRANDS? this is up to you – I personaly not, I believe in utility value because I can have the most modern trolley but it can be unfonfortable for my baby and the most important babies do not care about the fashion, they just want to feel comfortable
- WEIGHT – oh this is really important to consider. Depends if you have to carry the trolley up the stairs in the panel house as I have to…………56 stairs every day sometimes once sometimes few times per day…….and believe me trolley as itself has 15kg plus 5kg baby (so far) and you have easily 20kg without counting bag with simple equipment (diapers, cloathes to change, cosmetics, water for me… etc). So all count together I have to carry up and down the stairs waight about 25 kg….good gym isn’t it? 🙂
- SIZE – this is particularly my case from life, when I bought the trolley I did not meassure the space which is left when the flats door is open and when I came home, happy that I bought new trolly, I could not enter my flat, because the door where to narrow………so please check first if your trolley will fit into the place where you want to storage it!
- SERVICE VALUE – what I can recomend is trolley with the tires wheels and wheels spring because when Edie is tired and he has sometimes trouble to fall asleep we jsut start to strongly jump with him and he falls asleep immediately…..such easy and so simple. Another good thing is if you have insight of the trolllez special back which is made for that, because it makes the space smaller and infants are not lost there when they are little and second thing is that if he falls asleep and you can not take whole trolley indoor you just simply take the bag from insight without waiking him up. Another good thing is the car seat for infant which is compatible with your trolley, it is usually in threecombination trolley system. In this case you can easily move your baby from the car and than use the same seat as the part of your trolley.
- CARRYING SPACE – from my personal experience is good to have big space under the trolley. Never knows how many things you will need to carry, such as daily kids needs plus your ordinary shopping and some another stuff such as your friends presents when you are going to visit them etc. So some free space is always handy 🙂
- ADJUSTMENTs – ensure yourself that you can adjust the trolly according to your height. It is really uncomfortable if you have front holder either too high or too low. Your back will suffer!
- SAFETY – check how stable is your trolley and consider where would you like to use it (just in the city or also in the countryside)…………I was driving Edie in the forest near by my grandparents house so I was happy that our trolley have big wheels. And also PROTECTION value. Is it well built to cope wit your local weather? In the central Europe we have all possible wather conditions from strong cold winters to really hot summers so it is good to know if the trolley can protect your child when is strongly raining or snowing or against sun rayes.
There are just few life prooved tips for you, I hope that they will help you when buying suitable trolley.