Salt over the gold
Salt! Some smart people say that salt is more than gold and even in one of the Czech fairytale the daughter of king proved that 🙂
But to make a point is. In my home land we are advised by paediatricians not to use salt and other spices which contains salt till the age of 1. Or make kids food saltier as long as possible. And it is logical. Because there is not that much heat and we need to keep our babies healthy. But ups here with the tropical weather we are under different conditions. Baby sweats as much as adults and sometimes even more, they need to retain the water and minerals in their bodies so the rule number 1 here is to put a little bit of salt into every dish I cook for Edie.
It is big difference but it has its reason.
Although I was surprised that other indications are the same. Such as:
- do not give a fish to kids till 1 year of age
- do not give them white from egg only yelk to 1 year of age. the white from egg might be cause of allergies
- do not give infants any citric fruit till 1 year of age it can create allergies too
- Also there are more different cheeses, they do have much more fresh cheeses which does not have to be suitable for kids because they contain more lactose. I had to try which one does not affect Eide and he likes its taste.
- Paediatrician also advised me to do not use too often compotas (fruit in jar) it contains a lot of sugar and kids get too easily used to it.
What also surprised me that I was not able to find some night puree (we call it Kaše) with milk as part of formula. It is so common to find back in Czech puree either with or without milk. But here is tricky because kids are not supposed to have milk till the age of 1 in their food and drink it streight till the age of 2 so I am just wandering how the local mums cook…….. so lets see?
I wish you healthy salty life “0”
Share with your friends
Writer: Zlata B. Vaskova