Hi dear parents,travellers
curiously I have finally some time to write about our flight. Finally we reached Venezuela and beautiful and very busy Caracas. And we with Edie survived quite nicely whole flight.
Just to let you know how strong is our little one and how much he actually enjoyed whole trip.
Our itinerary was following:
- we woke up at 1:30 and started to travel to Vienna at 2 am. to be able to reach airport around 4.
- We took a flight at 6:30 from Vienna to Franfurkt we had 4 hours break and than we continued to Caracas. Whole flight took about 10 hours but with Latino timing after landing they kept us in the plane another 45 minutes…….ufff what to do welcome in LA 🙂
- Our family friend picked us up with 2 hours delay from the airport and we traveled to our home another 1 hour,
During whole flight Edie was really nice and happy baby. Unfortunately I did not order special seat for him so he had to sit on our lap, we were walking with him when needed, talking to people around, playing with another kids and feeding when needed. My biggest worry was if he will be ok with air pressure while taking off and landing and actually he was much better of than me. He was even smiling and playing with his hands. I was feeding him or I let him chew my breast to make him swallow and overcome the pressure. But he obviously did not care much about it.
What I can recommend and what I have learned:
- take more clothes for your baby and for yourself in case you need to change him and yourself.
- take food, drinks and toys, planty if possible, because flight can be long and you never knows what might happened during the flight
- call to the flyght provider enough ahead to ensure that you know all the conditions of flight. We could not take car cradle insight same as push chair, also I did not gain special seat with baby cradle for flight which would be quite comfortable to flight with. The baby cradle has to be ordered specially it is not assigned automatically with the seat.
- babies needs their parents, to play and do their ordinary things, so try to simulate their home as much as possible. Be calm and try to behave with least stress as possible. Persuade yourself before flight that everything will be ok and you will manage. Because calm mum means calm baby.
- I used to calm down a bit our hiperactive baby homoeopathy drops called Sedativ and they made Edie sleepy for about 2 hours what definitely helped us to rest a bit after early morning wake up.
- For coping with air pressure ensure that your baby drinks, chew or eat something because swallowing helps him to decrease pressure. Although I did not experience any problem with Edie even he had cold and running nose before we left our home.
- I also had jar food for Edie and it was very easy to feed him. I just asked flight attendance and they wormed his food up.
- Always read the instruction of the airlines before your flight but also call rather to the service help desk in the airport and ensure that all the information or web page are updated and you are ready for flight with your baby.
I wish you good luck and hope that my fast notes will make your flight easier and will be helpful for you. If you have any other good hint then please leave me comment,.
Share with your friends